Tag! You're it! The rules are to state 10 random facts about yourself. Then, go to ten blogs and tell them that they are it. (I'VE MISSED YOU OMG. And welcome back! <3)
Oh hey, look at me answering this a lifetime later. *whistles* I am in a crazy mood tonight since it’s raining and I can’t go anywhere with the weather like this. Leave it to Japan to troll me on the my monumental and short visit. *sobs*
But wahey! More free time to frolic on the internet. Which is actually sad, but heh, what ELSE is there to do??? I feel like giving you real time random facts, so here we go:
1. I have my favourite socks on right now (pink and green with ugly pictures of coconut trees — it’s comfy, okay? shut up), and I am looking out from the window seat while the skies of Japan cry outside.
2. This is actually my first time travelling abroad alone. I am loving it.
3. My Japanese is rusty as hell. With only 2 days to brush up — mostly spent writing posts for Mel — I am struggling, to be honest, which isn’t surprising since the last time I was here I was about 9? Yeah.
4. I am obsessed with the band Fun at the moment. Some nights I stay up crashing in my bad luck… why is that line so appropriate?
5. Whenever I travel, I bring the book To Kill A Mockingbird with me. I don’t exactly know why that is, nor do I end up always reading it (I doubt I’d be able to for this trip), but it’s sort of a security blanket kind of thing. It’s my really old, worn and yellowing copy and I don’t know… I just like the knowledge that’s it’s there in my bag for some reason.
6. When I was a kid, I used to think that you get pregnant by holding a boy’s hand for longer than 5 seconds. Not sure where I got that idea, actually, but yeah. Yes, Gilly, that is a real time thought, stop judging me.
7. I have a mole at the back of my left forearm, right above my elbow.
8. You how some people have this thing about buying new shoes whenever they visit a country? For me it’s a book — any book, in any language, as long as the cover’s caught my eye. And then I scribble the place on the inside cover to remind myself where I got it.
9. On a deeper note, I’ve been quite unsatisfied with a lot of things about myself lately — which happens occasionally, though I’m usually pretty good at not letting it bother me — but right now I am not happy with things like my writing, my time management skills, my people management skills (because there is such a thing, you know), and mostly just my attitude about it all. I am kind of glad for this break, really.
10. I still don’t have a facebook for myself. And I don’t particularly feel inclined to make one, either. I can live off Mel’s happily for now.
Hee~ random as hell, but I hope that’s all right! Gillybean, we need to talk soon and stuff! :D ♥